Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
"Oh fun.The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me. This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make.
- What I create will be just for you.
- It'll be done this year (2009).
- You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a mixed CD. It may be a poem. I may draw or paint something. I might bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure! And frankly, neither do I."
it went on to say that all you have to do is post the note on your own page and keep it going, but given that not everyone who visits here has a blog, all you have to do is be one of the first five people to respond! just leave a comment on this post and, if you like, tell me something about yourself so's i can tailor your prezzie. (no need to leave your address, i'll let you know where to email that later).
Yipeee! i love makin' stuff!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
'hump day' refers to wednesday as the middle of the working week; the top of a hill that you need only climb down. though my husband and i have certainly been known to 'do it' on a wednesday whenever we see fit, we most certainly do not do it exclusively on wednesdays, nor does the coming of wednesday require us to do it.
there. so. hump day doodles:
the first 8 pages of Hilldebrande's Land, vol. one are now available. please take a peak and feel free to comment!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
look at this magnificent pair of homemade mittens my marvelous friend sent me from Nova Scotia! they're so warm and soft and i love the form of them! they make me feel like Bonhomme!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
this hump day doodles day, as per #1 on my 33 things to do in my 33rd year list, i am happy to announce the unveiling of the Hilldebrande's Land blog!! the previously self published first volume of my crummy little comic will be posted one page at a time here, followed by the second volume and so on...
3. play 2 minutes in the closet with your husband
4. build a snow/bush fort (or better yet 2 and wage war between parties)
6. go to goony attractions like the Science Centre and Pioneer Village
7. crank call somone you know
8. make a piñata, or a hobby horse
9. play pin the tail on the donkey, only make it a picture of something funnier like james vanderbeek or something
10. hide pennies in your cake
11. wear your hair in a side ponytail
12. climb out on your roof
13. lay on the grass and stare at the sky
14. put your shoes on the wrong feet
15. wear your pjs to a restaurant
16. start a food fight (try launching things with your spoon)
17. play truth or dare (even if you’ve no one around to play it with)
18. fake sick
19. climb trees and jump in puddles
21. make out with your pillow
22. make peanut butter balls for the birdies
23. cut n paste
24. go to your mom’s house n help her bake
25. spin around until you fall down
26. blow bubbles in your milk
27. take a bubble bath and make yourself a big bubble beehive
29. gulp a big glass of grape juice with both hands and don't wipe off the purple moustache
31. play hide n go seek in the woods (this one is actually really fun still)
32. draw on the walls
33. say "I can", then spell "cup" (tee hee hee)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
1) otters. love em. here is a pair of them feelin the spirit of the day. you have to watch till the end because the sweetest part is when they drift apart and then reconnect. darling.
2) romantic traffic by the Spoons! here's a dollop of 80s cheesewiz, filmed in the subways of my hometown (toronto)
happy valentine's day!
moving along... for today's vendredi vid: this is the first 5 minutes of Friday the 13th part III, with a Beverley Hillbillies laugh track added to it. funny stuff.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
33 things that make my heart beat faster:
1. walking past a laundromat at night and seeing people washing their clothes
2. the sound of my husband’s key in the door
3. bird sounds in the sunshine after a long winter
4. the first crocus
5. a cold lake in the hot summer
6. getting a package in the mail
7. checking my lottery tickets
8. realizing i have left something behind
9. laying my head on the pillow the night before leaving on a trip
10. making my friends laugh
11. getting caught in the rain (do you like pina coladas?)
12. thunder and lightning
13. the open road
14. hotel rooms
15. seeing my order on it’s way to my table at a restaurant
16. a familiar smell
17. misplaced glasses (panic also makes the heart beat faster)
19. watching Obama’s inauguration
20. rockabilly music (the old kind, not the new ca-ca)
21. when little kids meet my dog
22. thinking of my wedding day (so sublimely perfect)
23. phone calls from faraway friends
24. taking off in airplanes
25. really good cheese (both literally and figuratively)
26. new red shoes (and old ones too)
27. fresh blank paper
28. the smell of a bakery when i’m out and about
29. my husband’s touch
30. bees at a picnic (‘nother panic one)
31. jose cuervo (tee hee)
32. little tiny pickled onions
33. getting my first comment on my blog (which hasn’t happened yet – hint hint.)
Monday, February 9, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
now then. next we have what may well be the greatest slow jam of all time: Shake You Down by Gregory Abbott . many of you may chuckle when you see this. but you must look past the 1986ness of it all and let go of yourself. the video is heinous, of this i am aware. but there is something about the song that is so smooth it refuses to be denied. and my husband does a version of this that'd have you slappin' yer knee and creamin' in yer pants at the same time.
Unfortunately, i can't find a copy that'll allow me to embed, so you have to click here. trust me, it's worth it.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
these are pages from the moleskine of a user named 3rd Foundation. i love the use of line and light. i visit this site all the time. my favourite thing is to press the random button and see what lovely treasures pop up!