Friday 4 December 2009

some girls are bigger than others


i have gained about 50 pounds in the last year or so, and am now a size 14. not to worry, ladies come in a vast array of shapes and sizes and all are equally lovely, but it can be difficult for those of us over size ten to find vintage clothing that fits and flatters. i often feel like all the prettiest dresses have been built for Natalie wood (whose waist was the size of my calf), but don't cry big girls, there is hope. i've gathered some of the many great finds available on etsy for the gal who is large and in charge. (please note that many of these garments have been tucked and pinned to skinny dress forms, but are sized much larger than they appear.)

little black dress

2 comments:

Kitty Stampede said...

Yay for your honesty! Since I got together with my man right after highschool I have packed it on as well. I'm anywhere between 10-12 (depending of course, the size industry is totally fudged), but I used to be a stick,looked unhealthy. I blame it on the love..hehe. I'm okay with it some days but it does bother me when I can't fit into things I desire. I think curves are really nice and if I was a guy would prefer more womanly figures. :)

Poke Salad Annie said...

it's totally the love! my husband and i have both put on the pounds since we got married. we like to refer to it as 'happy weight' :D