Wednesday, 17 December 2008
(pink = done!)
1. turn my little drawerings into a web comic
2. visit the science centre and pioneer village
3. read at least 2 books (i hardly read at all these days)
4. go to a museum by myself
5. finish painting my apartment
6. take a road trip
7. finish the series of paintings i started
8. get new glasses
9. lose 20 lbs.
10. work on my children's alphabet book and accompanying dolls
11. think a bit more before i act
12. see the ocean again
13. learn html and css
14. go to elvis bossanova
15. send postcards to my friends
16. own a lomo/holga
17. start a photography project
18. make a new friend
19. go camping
20. visit the east coast
21. watch less tv
22. make some guerilla art
23. write more
24. take a self portrait sans clothing
25. eat something new and different
26. make homemade eggnog
27. brush my kitty everyday
28. surprise my husband
29. write a script
30. drink more water
31. win the lottery
32. make 33 people smile (at least)
33. make 33 lists of 33 things (4/33)
Tuesday, 16 December 2008
- the number 33 is said to symbolize truth, and that good will always triumph over evil (which is nice.)
- a significant number in modern numerology, it is considered one of the "master" numbers, along with 11 and 22
- those of Islamic faith believe that the dwellers of Heaven will externally exist in a state of being 33 years old
- 33 is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's old number
- in french, italian, romanian, spanish and portuguese, the word a patient is usually asked to say when a doctor is listening to his or her lungs with a stethoscope is 33 (trente-trois, trentatrè, treizeci şi trei, treinta y tres and trinta e três)
- jesus is said to have been 33 years old when he was crucified (in 33 A.D.)
- 33 is the number of innings in the longest baseball game in history (1981, rochester red wings vs pawtucket red sox)
- 33 is the code for international direct-dial phone calls to France
- a normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually
Monday, 17 November 2008
Still, just so you know, I do also smile and laugh and love. lots o the time. :)
Friday, 7 November 2008
Friday, 17 October 2008
Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Tuesday, 30 September 2008
Monday, 29 September 2008
I was most certainly inspired! And inspiration grows on no trees in my wood lot. So here are a few of the inspirational quotes I came across, to accompany these photos of the beautiful Miss Earhart:
"Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward."
"Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others."
"Worry retards reaction and makes clear-cut decisions impossible."
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself."
Friday, 19 September 2008
lately i've been feeling a little frazzled. a little raw around the edges. a little dissatisfied and dizzied by what I have come to see as my life. it's as though i were a drunken teenager at a makeshift party in someone's field, who spent the night stumbling in zig zags and woke up not knowing quite where she is nor how she arrived. i feel as though i've let go of this gushing hose that once watered a colorful bed of flowers, but now flails about madly, soaking me senseless. if i do not think of ways in which to sneak up on this slippery water snake and take it in my grasp once more, i will surely drown.
but there are aspects of my life that are more than satisfactory. i have much to be grateful for and many resources at my disposal. with this blog, i mean to sort through the mess and assemble the broken bits. to harness the hose and to lead the poor shit-faced teen back toward the path.