Saturday 25 February 2012

do something constructive


when i was little my dad didn't let us watch much television, preferring us to use our time 'constructively', but my mother would sometimes let us watch a bit before he got home from work. i remember that when we heard his car pulling into the driveway, my brothers would spring from their chairs and yell 'CHEESE IT! DAD'S HOME! DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE!'. being nine years younger than they are, my vocabulary and logic was not near as developed as theirs and my immediate reaction to their cry was to get out some construction paper and my wee scissors and start cutting and pasting which, though not exactly what my father meant, was in itself constructive.

with that, here's another constructive use of construction paper :)


No comments: