Monday 14 September 2009

gregory thielker


the weather has been really beautiful where i am as of late, but since i've a bad case of the sicky-doldrums, it seems a good time to post Gregory Thielker's mesmerizing rain-scapes [which i found via my friend Eric's awesome blog]. it's astounding to me how clearly these paintings capture a particular point in time and space (albeit possibly imaginary). i am delivered to the back seat of my family's old station wagon, peering out through the rain streaked windows, stretching the lights with my squinting eyes, following the drops until they fell away. i can almost hear and smell the rain.




2 comments:

AlicePleasance said...

Beautiful pics, the second one makes me think of The Bridges of Madison County...

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Looking at the first pic is exactly what I thought in your description. I used to do the same thing pressing my nose against the window watching the drops dribble down. Hope you're feeling better!